Monday, October 31, 2011

DON'T MESS WITH THE GYPSY

Come out, come out, scary spirits in hiding. Halloween is here and everyone's up for a scare. Though it's not a big celebration in Australia, my best friend never misses to host her annual halloween party. Though these days "halloween" has lost it's true meaning of being a fright night, more like dress-up-as-someone-you're-not night. Anyway, this is how my halloween went...

No Plates
White Bunny, (Somewhat) Gypsy, Dare Devil.

Desperate for a no-cost-involved outfit, I ransacked through my wardrobe and made use of what I had. I combined pieces that have hardly been worn and pieces that have been worn to death. Using my Mother's flared-sleeved tunic (that I spotted first but let her buy it, in agreement of being able to borrow it freely), leopard turban, feathery hair-attachment, lace-up boots, thousands of rings, dark burgundy nails and fingers crossed; I attempted an interpretation of a gypsy (or at least what I would look like if I was a gypsy) and hoped for the best.

No Strap
The outfit.

IMG_2236
The frilly flared-sleeves detail.

IMG_2217
Assorted gold rings (I lost the stone ring throughout the night somehow, it was an upsetting moment), bangles and a rushed paint job.

IMG_2241
The hottest boy at the party, he works out.

A night of crazy dancing to ear-blowing music (especially LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It), deep & meaningfuls, laughs & tears and jokes & fights. To sum it up, a night that started out sweetly and ended badly. A night "so full of drama" (or so my other best friend says). Minus the bad ending plus the fact that my voice was gone after the weekend, it was a perfectly redoable night. On a side note, did I look more like a hippie instead?

| Tunic: Bardot | High-Waisted Shorts: Free Fusion | Lace-Up Boots: Novo | Leopard Turban: Equip | Feather Hair Piece: Dotti | Assorted Rings and Bangles: Sportsgirl, Equip and Rubi Shoes |

Minnie and Bunnie
Minnie Mouse and Pink Bunny

As if the weekend wasn't enough, my school had a halloween-themed casual day today which again left in in desperation for a costume, this time school-appropriate. Not wanting to look overly dressed up, I borrowed my friend's pink bunny ears and searched for something not-so-pink to accompany it with. I ended up wearing the sheer pink cutout shirt which I wore here. Well at least I wasn't the only one with four ears.

How was your halloween? Did you dress up scary or skanky? For those who fancies halloween I hope you enjoyed however you celebrated it, and for those who doesn't enjoy it so much I hope you're glad it's over! xx

7 comments:

  1. that hippie/gypsy outfit is amazing! love all the rings and those boots are rad!!!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately was studying on Halloween...love your bardot top! awesome as.

    xStace
    TEE&FAME

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutey Bunny and Mickey :)
    nice blog I'm following you now hope you can visit mine if you have time
    http://aucoindubisou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, wish I dressed up for Halloween!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible blog! I'll be following in the future xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lOVE YOUR RINGS! LET'S VISIT ME ON http://memelavienrose.blogspot.it
    http://memelavienrose.blogspot.it/2012/05/green-day.html

    ReplyDelete